Assumed Names (DBAs)
In an effort to protect both citizens and employees, if you are experiencing COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, have recently traveled or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, etc. please contact the County Clerk’s Office in advance. Thank you for your support and understanding as we work together through this situation.
Rockwall County Clerk Shelli Miller is committed to making historical records accessible to the public. We now offer a new and more efficient way of searching the Official Public Records for verification that the assumed name is not already in use.
The filing fee is $24.00 and .50 for each owner(s) name.
- Business & Commerce Code Chapter 71.155
- Certificates are valid up to 10 years.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to search the assumed name records in the county in which business is to be conducted to ensure no other business has the same name. Rockwall County records can be searched online.
- The County Clerk’s office does not research the use of the name before filing.
- The County Clerk's staff does not provide legal advice or opinions. You may obtain more information about assumed names from the Texas Business and Commerce Code. For assumed name filing FAQ's, please refer to the Texas Secretary of State.
Shelli MillerCounty Clerk
County ClerkPhysical Address
1111 E Yellowjacket Lane
Rockwall, TX 75087
1111 E Yellowjacket Lane Suite 100 Rockwall TX 75087
Phone: (972) 204-6300Fax: (972) 204-6309
Monday - Friday
8 AM - Noon1 PM - 5 PM
WE REQUEST THAT ALL FINAL TRANSACTIONS BE COMPLETED BY 4:00 P.M.Most GPS and internet maps are wrong on our location. We are 0.3 miles east of Goliad/SH 205.