Birth and Death Certificates
Applying for a Birth and Death Certificate
- State of Texas Birth Certificates are $23.00 for a certified copy
- Rockwall County Death Certificates are $21.00 for the first certified copy and $4.00 for each additional certified copy
- In Person Please print and complete the following application. Birth and Death Certificate Application Valid ID required.
- By Mail - Please print and complete the following application & affidavit and attach a copy of your current photo ID. Mailed Birth/Death Certificate Application & Affidavit By default, all record requests are returned via USPS First Class mail at no cost. We will require the expedited return envelope be provided to us if you require tracking through an overnight mail service, such as FEDEX, LoneStar, or UPS.
*Health & Safety Code 191.0031 CERTIFIED COPIES BY MAIL. The state registrar or a local registrar may not issue a certified copy of a record under this chapter to a person who has applied for the record by mail unless the person has provided notarized proof of identity in accordance with rules adopted by the executive commissioner of the Health and Human Services Commission. The rules may require the issuer of the certified copy to verify the notarization using the records of the secretary of state under Section 406.012, Government Code.*
Burial Transit Permit
- Obtain a burial transit permit.
Acknowledgement of Paternity (AOP)
- Here is more information about Acknowledgement of Paternity (AOP).
- If you would wish to make an appointment for an AOP. Appointments can be made Monday through Friday 8 AM to 11 AM and 2 PM to 3 PM.
- Here is more information about Child Support.
Jennifer FoggCounty Clerk
County ClerkPhysical Address
1111 E Yellowjacket Lane
Rockwall, TX 75087
1111 E Yellowjacket Lane Suite 100 Rockwall TX 75087
Phone: (972) 204-6300Fax: (972) 204-6309
Monday - Friday
8 AM - 5 PM
WE REQUEST THAT ALL FINAL TRANSACTIONS BE COMPLETED BY 4:00 P.M.Most GPS and internet maps are wrong on our location. We are 0.3 miles east of Goliad/SH 205.