Birth and Death Certificates
Applying for a Birth and Death Certificate
- Search fee for Texas Birth or Death Records are $10.
- State of Texas Birth Certificates are $23.00 for a certified copy. This includes search fee.
- Rockwall County Death Certificates are $21.00 for the first certified copy and $4.00 for each additional certified copy. This includes search fee.
- In Person Please print and complete the following application. Birth and Death Certificate Application Valid ID required.
- By Mail - Please print and complete the following application & affidavit and attach a copy of your current photo ID. Mailed Birth/Death Certificate Application & Affidavit By default, all record requests are returned via USPS First Class mail at no cost. We will require the expedited return envelope be provided to us if you require tracking through an overnight mail service, such as FEDEX, LoneStar, or UPS.
Please note: A non-refundable fee for the record search will apply to ALL UNSUCCESSFUL SEARCH REQUESTS i.e., birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage request.
- To contact the department that processes this type of request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Please print and complete the following application. Birth and Death Verification Application. This is a noncertified statement only of the registrant's name, date of birth or death, and place of birth or death as it appears on the birth or death index filed with Vital Statistics. The fee is $22.00 for Birth Verification. The fee is $20.00 for Death Verification.
*Health & Safety Code 191.0031 CERTIFIED COPIES BY MAIL. The state registrar or a local registrar may not issue a certified copy of a record under this chapter to a person who has applied for the record by mail unless the person has provided notarized proof of identity in accordance with rules adopted by the executive commissioner of the Health and Human Services Commission. The rules may require the issuer of the certified copy to verify the notarization using the records of the secretary of state under Section 406.012, Government Code.*
Burial Transit Permit
- Obtain a burial transit permit.
Acknowledgement of Paternity (AOP)
- Appointments can be made for the following days and times during the work week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8:30 a.m. or 2:30 p.m.
- To contact the department that makes appointments for AOP's, please email email@example.com
- Here is more information about Child Support.
Jennifer FoggCounty Clerk
County ClerkPhysical Address
1111 E Yellowjacket Lane
Rockwall, TX 75087
1111 E Yellowjacket Lane Suite 100 Rockwall TX 75087
Phone: 972-204-6300Fax: 972-204-6309
Monday thru Friday8 am to 5 pm
All final transactions should be completed by 4 pm
Except County Holidays
Most GPS and internet maps are wrong on our location. We are 0.3 miles east of Goliad/SH 205.