Rockwall County Justice of the Peace, Precinct 2 • Judge Cathy Penn
Important Notice Regarding Court Operations
Due to health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19, all proceedings in the Justice of the Peace Court, Precinct 2, will be held remotely by video or telephone conference pursuant to the Office Of Court Administration guidelines until authorized to resume normal court operations by the Texas Supreme Court. Emergency orders may be found here: Texas Supreme Court Emergency Orders
To continue to serve the public, and to avoid risk to court staff, parties, attorneys, visitors and others in the courthouse, the Justice of the Peace Court 2, is working by appointment only, to the extent possible. No walk-ins will be permitted. Please contact us by email at JP2Court@rockwallcountytexas.com, or by telephone at (972) 204-6730 for assistance. We are available from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding County holidays).
Please note, all persons entering the courthouse must comply with the Rockwall County Court Operating Plan requirements.
Thank you for understanding.
- Payments by credit card can be made here: Make a Payment.
- For ticket dismissals, plea options, and more, see the Tickets and Class C Misdemeanor link on the left sidebar.
- Visit the Civil Case link on the left sidebar for information on Evictions, Small Claims, Debt Claim cases and more.
- For assistance in preparing and filing your court documents, visit here: Guide & File.
- Attorneys and non-attorney parties may file by electronically using the State E-File portal at https:/efile.txcourts.gov, by mail, email or by scheduling an appointment.
- Rockwall County Audio/ Video & Media Policy can be found here.
- The Precinct 2 Appointment and Fees Report can be found here.
Rockwall County Justice of the Peace, Precinct 2
Phone: (972) 204-6730 • Email: JP2Court@rockwallcountytexas.com • Fax: (972) 204- 6739
Mail: 1111 E. Yellowjacket Ln., Ste. 302, Rockwall, TX 75087
Hours: Monday Through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., excluding County Holidays