Rockwall County local hospitals, healthcare providers, and first responders have been working hard to extend the use of their personal protective equipment (PPE) and to replenish their supply. However, they are experiencing long backorder times. Rockwall county residents have contacted the Office of Emergency Management (OEM) and want to step up and donate PPE to those who need it most right now. If you have PPE from that home project you never got around to, your healthcare provider needs it. If your business has a stockpile that has been sitting in a warehouse for a year, your first responders need it. There is a process to request resources from the State, and OEM is working closely with them as well. However, as you can imagine, they are busy too these days and face the same PPE shortages as we do.
If you would like to donate PPE, our partner, Trusted World, has placed eight secure donation boxes at the following locations throughout Rockwall County:
- Fate DPS Station (128 E. Fate Main Pl Fate, TX 75087)
- Heath Public Safety Building (200 Laurence Drive Heath, TX 75032)
- McLendon-Chisholm Fire Station 1 (1250 S. Hwy 205 Mclendon-Chisholm, TX 75032)
- Royse City Hall (305 N. Arch Street Royse City, TX 75189)
- Rockwall FD Station 1 (305 E. Boydstun Ave Rockwall, TX 75087)
- Rockwall FD Station 2 (920 Rockwall Pkwy Rockwall, TX 75087)
- Rockwall FD Station 3 (191 E. Quail Run Road Rockwall, TX 75087)
- Rockwall FD Station 4 (2915 S. Goliad St. Rockwall, TX 75032)
- If you have a large quantity of PPE that will not fit in a donations box, please contact (972) 204-7080.
All donated supplies will be distributed to first responders and medical personnel on the front lines, risking their lives more than ever to keep our community safe. Please donate if possible, otherwise stay home and stay well.