Rockwall County H1N1 Update 5/12/09
Rockwall County has not had any additional probable or confirmed cases of H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu). We will continue to monitor the situation and update as necessary.
Rockwall County residents are encouraged to continue with the basic health practices outlined by the CDC.
• Take everyday actions to stay healthy. You know what these are: getting enough sleep, eating well, avoiding stress, and drink plenty of fluids.
• Cover your cough. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. If you do not have a tissue handy, sneeze or cough into the inside of your elbow. Your elbow rarely touches anything else.
• Clean your hands often. Soap and water is preferred, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective and should be used when you can’t wash your hands. You can find this type of cleanser just about anywhere. It comes in different sizes that fit on your desk, car, purse, or pocket.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way- you can infect yourself.
• Stay home when you are ill. Do not send your children to school when ill.