Fines will be waived for materials that are out during the closure and you may either return items to the drive-through book drop or keep them until we are able to re-open. We encourage you to stay home as much as possible, relax, and enjoy the Rockwall County Library’s digital resources. We have plenty of ebooks and audiobooks to download for free to keep you and your family entertained.
Choose from thousands of ebooks and audiobooks using Overdrive or RBdigital – and download directly to your mobile device, tablet or computer! To get started, go to the "Databases & Downloads" page under the “Resources” option on the left menu of the library web page. You can also visit your app store to download the free OverDrive or RBdigital apps. If you do not have a current library card in good standing, anyone can download from Gutenberg.org.
The best way to avoid spreading germs is to stay home when you can and to wash hands with soap and water frequently for at least 20 seconds.
Everyday preventative measures:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as much as possible.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Clean and disinfect mobile devices (check with the manufacturer on the correct way to clean your phone, tablet or other devices).
- The virus is believed to live for over 72 hours on hard surfaces, so be especially cautious in what you touch.
If you want additional information about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) we recommend looking at the CDC’s website: