Property Addressing

Below are address request instructions; these are general, and not all are applicable in every situation:

  1. Please complete and submit the Rockwall County 9-1-1 Address Request Form.
  2. If the lot or parcel of land is on a corner of an intersection of two roadways, please submit a site plan or sketch showing the placement of the driveway*, as well as the home, on the lot so that the correct address can be determined.
  3. If the driveway will open onto a State roadway, you must first get approval for the placement of the driveway from TxDoT.
  4. If the address request is for a re-platted lot in a platted subdivision, please submit a site plan or sketch showing the placement of the driveway* as well as the home on the new lot, with OLD lot lines also displayed, so that the correct address can be determined.
  5. If you request an address and own more than one lot (lots adjacent), please follow the procedure in #4 above.
  6. If you have a survey, please include a copy with the application, again, sketching in both the driveway location*, disclosing footage from a fence line or some other landmark to the drive, and home placement (if applicable).
  7. If the property is only accessible through someone else’s property, you must include a copy of the granted easement with the survey showing the easement.
  8. If you are able to provide a copy of an aerial of the property (obtained from the satellite image on most internet map sites), please mark approximate lot lines, driveway*, and home site.
  9. Please send the above items to the fax, email, or mail address shown, or deliver in person to the 9-1-1 Addressing Office at the below address:
9-1-1 Addressing Office
1215 E Yellowjacket Ln
Rockwall, TX 75087

Please provide good contact information in case this office has any questions. In most cases the address will be completed in 3 days, but could take as long as 7 days.

*Rural addresses are issued based on the location of the primary driveway. Please note that moving your driveway will result in a new address and you will need to contact this office to report the move and obtain a new address.