Emergency Orders IssuedIn response to COVID-19, the Supreme Court has issued the following Emergency Orders.
All emergency orders expire on May 8, 2020 unless extended by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
For more information see: https://www.txcourts.gov/media/coronavirus-covid-19-emergency-orders/
Please Note: All Jury trials scheduled through April 24th have been canceled. lf you have received a Jury Summons scheduled on or before April 24th, 2020 you do not have to appear.
Pursuant to the Emergency Order’s issued by the Texas Supreme Court, The Court of Criminal Appeals, and The Rockwall County Commissioner’s Court, the District Clerk’s Office is suspending most in-person services. These services include but are not limited to the filing of pleadings, records requests, collections and financial transactions, citations, and issuance of subpoenas.
Emergency matters requiring in-person service will require an appointment.
Please call 972-204-6500
This policy is effective until the expiration or termination of the emergency orders unless otherwise indicated by the District Clerk’s Office.
Self-represented (pro se) litigants should file their pleadings and petitions by mail to the address below, or may do so electronically through eFile Texas:
Rockwall County District Clerk
1111 E. Yellowjacket Ln. Ste 200
Rockwall, Texas 75087
To file electronically, please visit www.efiletexas.gov
To submit a request electronically, please click here and select District Clerk from the "Whom would you like to contact?" field.
The District Clerk is called on to assure that the affairs of the District Court and County Court at Law are maintained objectively with the full confidence of judicial authorities.
The District Clerk shall:
- Record the acts and proceedings of the District Court
- Enter all judgments of the court under the direction of the Judge
- Record all executions issued and the returns issued on the executions
- Process passport applications
- Administer child support payments
- Administer trust accounts for minors ordered by the courts
- Keep an index of the parties to all suits filed, and make reference to any judgment made in the case
- Keep an account of all funds collected by the office, by way of fines and fees, and the amount due jurors in District Court for service
Appointments and Fees Report