How To Renew Books Online
- Come by the front desk at the library to set up a PIN access code for your library account.
- Once you have your PIN, go to the Library Catalog.
- Click the My Account tab in the catalog. Enter the barcode number from the back of your library card in the Username or Barcode box. Do not include any blank spaces in the number.
- Enter your PIN in the Password box. The PIN is case sensitive.
- Click the Log In button. You will see the contact information we have on file for you, your card expiration date, and a summary of your current account status, including the titles and due dates for each item currently checked out to you and any fees due. Most books and audio books can be renewed up to two times by checking the box in the Items column and selecting the Renew Selected Items option. DVDs cannot be renewed. Downloadable items are not renewable in this service and will not show on your regular patron account.
- Remember to check to make sure the due date changes when you attempt to renew an item. Items will not renew if you have already used all of your renewals, if they are non-renewable, if you have outstanding fees in excess of $5, or if another patron is on the waiting list for the item.
- Your library account may be renewed annually by bringing photo ID and proof of address to the checkout desk. If you are not capable of coming in to renew, please call 972-204-7700 and ask about options.
Some items cannot be renewed, including music CDs, DVDs, downloadables, and books that have a list of patrons waiting for them.