Plea Options

Not Guilty Pleas
On any traffic offense, you have the absolute right to plea Not Guilty and request a trial.

If you wish to plead Not Guilty, you may request trial by Judge or Jury. That choice is yours. You are not required to have an attorney in Court, but you may hire one if you wish. The District Attorney of Rockwall County will have an attorney present to prosecute the case against you. The Judge is prohibited, by Law, from discussing your ticket with you unless you have plead guilty or no contest or the District Attorney is also present.

If you choose to go to court, you are responsible for bringing all papers, pictures, and exhibits with you to the Court hearing. You may also contact the Court for information on how to subpoena witness.

Guilty or Nolo Contendre
You may also plead Guilty or Nolo Contendre (no contest) and pay thefine amount, or you may refer to the Driver Safety Course or Deferred Disposition options. Drivers under 17 who get tickets are required to appear in Court with their parents.

If you choose to plead Guilty or Nolo Contendre, you may payby phone at 972-204-6720, or you may pay your fine in person at the Justice of the Peace Court Office designated on the ticket.